What’s in the Box
- Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle
- (1) 15-Round Magazine
- Trigger Lock
- Owner’s Manual
Bringing the big-gun experience to the rimfire world, the Ruger Precision Rimfire in American Flag Cerakote is a scaled down version of the Ruger Precision Rifle and maintains the same ergonomics, trigger and manual of arms as the larger centerfire rifle. The Ruger Precision Rimfire is the ideal long-range shooting trainer and go-to rifle for your next rimfire match.
The Ruger Precision Rimfire features a molded, one-piece chassis and adjustable buttstock assembly manufactured from glass-filled nylon for strength, stiffness and stability, offering a solid foundation for accuracy each and every shot. The innovative Quick-Fit adjustable Precision Rimfire stock allows the rifle’s length of pull and comb height to be quickly and easily adjusted for proper fit over a wide range of shooter sizes, outerwear and shooting positions. Indicating marks molded into the chassis help you quickly return to a previous position.
To make the .22 LR chambering feel more like 6.5 Creedmoor, Ruger engineers designed the Big-Gun adjustable bolt throw technology. By simply removing a spring clip, shooters can change from a rimfire 1-1/2″ bolt throw to a short-action centerfire 3″ bolt throw, reducing the chance of short-stroking the bolt in competition. Identical to the Ruger Precision Rifle, the oversized bolt handle makes for positive bolt manipulation.
The rifle’s 18″ target barrel is cold hammer-forged from 4140 alloy steel to create ultra-precise rifling for excellent accuracy. The 1/2″-28 thread pattern allows for easy pairing with the Silent-SR® suppressor or other muzzle devices. The 15″ hard black anodized aluminum, free-float handguard features Magpul® M-LOK® slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance and easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories.
The popular Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger has a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 pounds; the adjusting wrench is conveniently stored in a buttstock compartment on the rifle. Ruger’s own AR-pattern pistol grip and safety selector allow for maximum control and access to the 45 degree, reversible safety selector.
The Precision Rimfire ships with one, 15-round BX-15® magazine. For increased long-range elevation capabilities, the rifle is topped with a 30 MOA Picatinny scope base.
- Molded, one-piece chassis and adjustable buttstock assembly are manufactured with glass-filled nylon for strength, stiffness and stability, making a solid foundation for accuracy each and every shot. Adjustable buttstock features a flat Picatinny bag rider making it easy to affix a rear monopod. A molded-in window provides a tether point for your squeeze bag, and a metal QD pocket makes it easy to secure a sling.
- Quick-Fit adjustable Precision Rimfire stock allows length of pull and comb height to be quickly and easily adjusted to get proper fit over a wide range of shooter sizes, outerwear and shooting positions. Indicating marks molded into the chassis help you quickly return to a previous position.
- Big-Gun bolt throw adjustment enables shooters to change from a rimfire 1-1/2″ bolt throw to a short-action centerfire 3″ bolt throw, reducing the chance of short-stroking your bolt in competition.
- Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable, with a trigger pull range of 2.25 to 5 pounds; wrench is stored in a buttstock compartment.
- Ruger’s own AR-Pattern pistol grip and safety selector provides an extended reach for maximum control and access to the 45°, reversible safety selector. May be configured with most AR-style grips and selectors.
- Anodized Picatinny scope base includes 30 MOA elevation for increased long-range capabilities out of the box.
- Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation (same as the Ruger Precision® Rifle).
- 15″ aluminum free-float handguard features Magpul® M-LOK® slots on all four sides for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes and easy mounting of M-LOK-compatible rails and accessories.
- Target barrel is cold hammer-forged from 1137 alloy steel to create ultra precise rifling for excellent accuracy. Barrel can be replaced easily by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
- 1/2″-28 threaded barrel for standard muzzle accessories, like the Silent-SR® suppressor, comes with a factory-installed thread protector covering both the threads and crown.
- Accepts all 10/22® magazines.
- Model Number: 8422
- Caliber: 22 LR
- Capacity: 15
- Stock: Quick-Fit Precision Rimfire Adjustable
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Finish: American Flag Cerakote
- Barrel Length: 18.00 in.
- Overall Length: 35.13 in. – 38.63 in.
- Sights: None-Rail Installed
- Weight: 6.80 lbs.
- Length of Pull: 12 in.- 15.50 in.
- Twist: 1:16 RH
- Grooves: 6